Academic Gardening to Enrich our Students
February 9, 2019
Worcester State University
Does your school want to start a School Garden Program or need help with it’s existing School Garden Program?
The Winter 2019 Urban Ag Conference will gather K-12 and higher education institutions and community leaders across the region to address the most common challenges to maintaining a productive and interactive school garden.
Topics will include:
- How to schedule the planting and harvest season to fit within the school year
- How to fund the building and maintenance of the garden
- How to handle summer maintenance
- How to engage community partners
- How your garden can play a role in addressing food security for your students and the community
In 4 mini sessions we will explore innovative ways to collaborate with higher education, community organizations and regional stakeholders in order to reach your schools garden’s full potential. A platform for inter organizational networking, and strategy planning the AGES Conference will assist in the establishment or development of your school garden.
Join Us! Saturday February 9th from 9:00 am-3:00 pm at Worcester State University.
A “Local Lunch” will be provided.
Signups will begin December 2018, use the link below to receive an email reminder to register once the event signup becomes available.